SDS (Honeywell) DL205 I/O base controller (F2-SDS-1)
If you are already using, or planning to implement, an SDS controller network, using the F2-SDS-1 module and DL205 I/O sub-system can help reduce the cost of your overall application. The Smart Distributed System (SDS) provides a means to connect automation equipment and devices on a single network, which eliminates expensive hardwiring. This standard communication media and software provides a low-cost method for controllers and devices to communicate low-level data at high speeds. The SDS standard provides specifications for information exchange between nodes, as well as device-level diagnostics not normally found in other I/O systems. The F2-SDS-1 module allows the well-proven micro-modular DL205 I/O system to be controlled by your SDS master controller.
The F2-SDS-1 module plugs into the CPU slot of any DL205 I/O base. The module maintains a database with all identification data, diagnostic information, and parameters that are configured within the base and control the operation of the SDS slave module and the I/O. The F2-SDS-1 slave will monitor and report discrete and analogue I/O module data to a SDS Master. All AC externally-powered DL205 I/O base units contain a 24 VDC, 0.2 A power supply for simple wiring of sensors and actuators into the DL205 I/O modules, and for controlling them with a SDS Master. The F2-SDS-1 module supports all DL205 discrete and analogue I/O modules in the DirectLogic 205 range.
The Smart Distributed System offers:
- Cost effectiveness: SDS offers inexpensive controller and industrial DL205 I/O sub-system.
- Easy connectivity: SDS is low-cost, it’s easy to implement and maintain wiring system.
- Diagnostics: SDS offers advanced error diagnostics not commonly found in traditional systems.
- High baud rates: Baud rate bring response time down to 0.10 ms per device.
- LED indicators: Provides indication of DL205 Smart Distributed System.