KEPDirect for PLCs and EBC Ethernet (OPC and DDE)
Connect DirectLOGIC PLCs, the Productivity3000 PAC, DURApulse AC Drives, GS series AC drives, or your PC via OPC for easy data acquisition or control at an affordable price.
What is KEPDirect?
The KEPDirect OPC Server software provides a way to connect your favorite Windows client software to AutomationDirect communication-enabled devices such as programmable controllers, remote I/O and variable frequency drives (VFDs).
What does it provide?
- Any industrial HMI, SCADA, data historian, MES or ERP software package that includes an OPC client interface (most do) can connect directly to DirectLOGIC PLC serial or Ethernet ports; Productivity3000 PAC; DL205, DL405, Terminator Ethernet I/O; or DURApulse AC drives and GS series AC drives by way of a GS-EDRV module.
- The KEPDirect OPC Server provides an interface to your controllers, Ethernet I/O, AC drives or other devices using industry-standard OPC technology so you are free to choose almost any software package to run on your PC. Best-in-class PLCs, along with best-in-class software, should be your choice with the KEPDirect OPC Server.
How do I use it?
- High-performance, certified OPC-compliant connectivity via Ethernet, with unparalleled compatibility and performance
- DL05, DL105, DL06, DL205, and DL405 support through RS-232, RS-422 serial or DirectLOGIC ECOM and Productivity3000 Ethernet interfaces
- DL205, DL405 and Terminator EBC or GS-EDRV module Ethernet interfaces
- OPC Quick Client application included for testing and easy troubleshooting
- Automatically generate tag names by importing DirectSOFT project Nicknames and Descriptions or Productivity3000 Tag database
Simply install the KEPDirect for PLCs Server on the same PC (or on the same network) as your client application, then enable the OPC client driver for direct access to your AutomationDirect device on the network.
What can I do with it?
- Connect your favorite HMI or SCADA software to low-cost AutomationDirect PLC, PAC, Ethernet I/O, or DURApulse AC drive or GS series drive systems over a serial or Ethernet network.
- Design a low-cost data acquisition/monitoring system using affordable AutomationDirect control devices.
- Interface custom Visual Basic® or Visual C++® applications to AutomationDirect systems and eliminate time consuming driver development.
- Requires OPC DA Client Tool Kit to use OPC with Visual Basic.