SureServo - I/O Interface, Communications and Software
Available connection cables from the drive to the motor come in standard lengths from 10 to 60 feet. The break-out board kit including 0.5 m (18 inch) cable for the CN1 user interface is listed below for your convenience. All cables are 100% factory tested to make your system installation as easy and quick as possible. SureServo Pro is the configuration software for the SureServo drives.
SureServo Pro™ Configuration Software:
- ASD-BM-50A - Terminal block, CN1 breakout, 50 pins (2 x 25 layout), DIN rail mountable, includes 18 inch cable
- SVC-PCCFG-CBL - RS232 programming cable terminated with DB9 and IEEE1394 connectors compatible with all SureServo systems. 6 FT long. For use with SureServo configuration software and all RS232 communications.
- SVC-MDCOM-CBL - RS422/485 communication cable terminated an IEEE1394 connector compatible with all SureServo systems. 3 FT long. For use with multidrop networks.
- SV-PRO - Windows-based SureServo Pro drive configuration software for use with all SureServo servo systems. Requires Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 or XP operating system. Minimum 24 MB RAM, 8MB hard disk space on PC required. Use the SVC-PCCFG-CBL to interface from your PC to the servo drive's serial port. FREE download from www.automationdirect.com Web site or available on CD for a nominal fee.
SureServo Pro is the configuration software for the SureServo drives. With SureServo Pro installed, the personal computer may be directly connected to the servo drive's serial port via the PC's RS-232 serial port. A six-foot configuration cable (SVC-PCCFG-CBL) is available to make the connection between the drive serial port and PC DB-9 serial port simple. A 3-foot cable (SVC-MDCOM-CBL) is available to facilitate connection between the drive serial port and host controllers with an RS-485 multi-drop serial link. This software is offered as a FREE download from the www.automationdirect.com Web site or it is available on CD for a nominal fee.
NOTE: Use our USB-RS232 converter cable in conjunction with the SVC-PCCFG-CBL cable on PCs having only USB ports.
SureServo Pro software features include:
Quick Start - The basic set-up when you have limited time and just want to get up and running ASAP.
Allows the user to operate the servo system from the PC. This is a great aid during start-up to allow the servo to perform some basic motion and to check the I/O.
- Detailed - The complete set-up for all the drive parameters.
- Tune and check the servo response live using the scope feature.
- Upload and download the drive set-up. Save the drive set-up as a file for future use.
- Edit the drive set-up
- View all drive faults
- Trend drive variables in real time