DirectLOGIC 305 Programmable Logic Controller (DL305 PLC)
The DL305 PLC series is a small modular PLC that has been marketed by various name-brand PLC manufacturers for over 20 years.
This Koyo design revolutionized the small PLC market, and is still a good performer and a great value.
Over 3,000,000 Koyo 305 modules have been sold, which shows that these modules are extremely reliable and well-suited for many applications.
- Three standard CPUs to choose from, including the D3-350 CPU with PID control and two communication ports
- Specialty CPUs to convert a DL305 system into an RTU for Optomux, Pamux, or to allow BASIC programming for custom applications
- Five, eight and 10-slot bases
- 110/ 220 VAC or 24 VDC power supply
- AC, DC inputs
- AC, DC, and relay outputs
- Eight or 12-bit analog input/output
- Specialty modules such as ASCII/ BASIC module, high-speed counter, and communication interface module (for use with D3-330 and D3-340 CPUs)
NOTE: PID (Proportional, integral, derivative) control: Control algorithm that is used to closely control processes such as temperature, mixture, position, and velocity. The proportional portion takes care of the magnitude of the error. The derivative compensates for the rate of error change. The integral takes care of small errors over time. The D3-350 CPU has a killer instruction set (compatible with the DL405, DL205, DL105, and DL05 PLC families) and some super practical communications.
The D3-350 CPU uses a simplified I/O addressing method, and can access up to twice as much local I/O as any other DL305 configuration (when installed in a system with -1 bases).
- Real-time calendar/ clock and historical error logging
- Trigger events in logic or time-and-date stamp error conditions
- Four super-easy PID loops with 'auto-tune' allow the CPU to automatically determine the near-optimum loop settings
- Automatic loop scheduling reduces logic required to operate loops
- Fill-in-the-blank chart for alarms and ramp/ soak
- Programming software includes loop tune screen with trending
- Two communication ports include built-in remote I/O master for long-distance I/O expansion