AC Servo Drives & Motors
The SureServo family of brushless servo systems is fully digital and offers a rich set of features to cover a broad range of applications. There are eight standard servo motors that can be operated in combination with one of three standard servo drives.
SureServo brushless motors include a 2,500 line incremental encoder with quadrature data signals (A+, A-, B+, B-) and a marker pulse (Z+, Z-). All three signals have a line driver output resulting in 10,000 pulses per revolution plus index mark as the standard resolution inside the drive. Each servo motor also has one connector for the encoder and another connector for the motor power and optional 24 VDC spring-set holding brake.
Servo drives can be configured for a wide range of command sources including analog torque, analogue velocity, "step and direction" or "up and down" pulse position, quadrature encoder follower, and built-in motion controller with preset position, velocity, or torque. Presets can be selected with discrete inputs or modified with the MODBUS serial interface.
Configuration and diagnostics of the servo drives can be accomplished with the integrated keypad/display or the easy-to-use SureServo Pro software on a Windows environment.
- Low inertia models: • 100 W, 200 W, 400 W, 750 W and 1 kW • Speeds up to 5,000 rpm.
- Medium inertia models: • 1 kW, 2 kW and 3 kW • Speeds up to 3,000 rpm.
- Square flange mounting with metric dimensions: 40, 60, 80, 100, 130 and 180 mm flanges
- Keyless drive shafts support clamp-on style coupling
- Integrated encoder with 2,500 (x4) pulses/revolution plus marker pulse (once per revolution)
- Optional 24 VDC spring-set holding brakes
- Standard hook-up cables for motor power/brake and encoder
- Standard DIN-rail mounted ZIPLink break-out kit for the drive CN1 connector (with screw terminal connections)
- Main Power and Control Power Inputs: • Main Power: 230V AC 3-Phase (Single phase option w/ low inertia systems) • Control Power: 230V AC Single Phase; 50/60 Hz
- Fully digital with up to 450 Hz velocity loop response
- Easy set-up and diagnostics with built-in keypad/display or the SureServo Pro PC-based software
- Five-in-one command options include: • ± 10V torque or velocity command • Pulse train or master encoder position command (accepts line driver or open collector) with electronic gearing • Built-in indexer for position control using 8 preset positions and/or position setpoint with serial MODBUS
- Tuning aids include inertia estimation and easy-tuning for up to 10 levels of response
- Optically-isolated digital inputs (8) and outputs (5), analogue outputs for monitor signals (2), and line driver output for encoder (with scalable resolution)